A while back I reviewed the first six flavours in my twelve month gift pack from JenEric’s Geeky Coffee with a promise that I would taste the rest of the flavours and get back to you with my thoughts. So here they are!
- Coconut Light Roast – Fantastic! I love this one. It tastes like a macaroon if the chocolate part is replaced with coffee. 9/10
- Peanut butter Light Roast – This flavour is mild. It’s ok, but tastes more like ‘peanut coffee’ than peanut butter coffee. Basically you get the slight oily flavour of a raw peanut without the roasted quality that peanut butter has. It’s missing something. I tried mixing it with cocoa powder to make a cafe mocha, but it did not work! 6/10
- Chocolate Medium Roast – Nice. It’s more of a dark chocolate taste, but pairs well with the coffee and is not overpowering. 7/10
- Birthday Cake Light Roast – I didn’t think I would like this one as much as I do. It has the faint taste of sprinkles. It’s sweeter and light, and it simulates the way coffee plays well with cake icing. 8/10.
- Cinnamon – I liked this flavour more than I thought I was going to, however, it’s still not something I would seek out. I’m just not a huge fan of cinnamon, but if you are, and like the concept of mixing its aroma with coffee, then you will like this one. It’s a smooth combination of the two flavours. 6/10
- Eggnog – This just tasted like slightly odd coffee. Perhaps that’s an aftertaste of nutmeg and cinnamon, or maybe it’s a tad creamier? I don’t know if I’m imagining it or not, but the coffee part is decent. 6/10
As it turns out, my favourite flavour was Coconut Light Roast, with Pirate Butter Rum a close second. And I have to say, I would try this again. If you’re interested in trying any of these flavours for yourself, I suggest you head over to JenEric Designs and check them out! https://coffee.jeneric-designs.ca/