This week Adam Giles and I discuss what NOT to do when writing and sending a query letter to a publisher or agent.
Here’s a quick list of don’ts as discussed in the video:
- Send the wrong genre
- Ignore the guidelines
- Send multiple submissions to publishers that do not accept them
- Send Form Letters or mass mailouts
- Use Point form
- Be rude or over-confident
- Undersell yourself
- Match the tone of your query letter to your manuscript
- Follow the Guidelines
- Your research
- Be Clear and Concise
- Be Confident
- Be professional and polite
Don’t forget! Our submissions are currently OPEN until the end of 2018! Thank you!